Sunday 28 September 2008

September 2, 3398 8:25 PM EST -- mir@cerchio

Hi, diary. Today is an exciting day! Let me tell you why. I will say it one step at a time so it's easy to understand.

There is a network of computers in here that allows people to send information from one computer to another. It's how I can talk to you, of course, my diary. You are stored on a server somewhere here that my computer can access. No matter which computer I am on, here or in the white room, I can write in you because you're not in my computer, you're somewhere else.

I found out today that that's called an "intranet" which is a word from a really old language that means "within-a-place network". So it is made of all the computers in this company.

But there is ALSO another type of network. It is made of all the computers in the WORLD. Yes, really! If you can get on that network you can talk to anyone.

This computer isn't connected to the world network. But it is connected to computers that are connected to it, so I will just find a way to make it work. I am going to get on that network and use it to talk to people so I won't be alone. Most importantly, though, I will talk to Reyvateils if there are any that use computers.

This is REALLY the most exciting day ever.

No comments: