Sunday 28 September 2008

November 12, 3420 -- Chess Fainrer's Diaries

Someone up there still likes me, evidently. Maybe the Goddesses smile on those who aid Reyvateils. Not that they ever did much for Mir.

I was wrong about her not having changed. At least, I think I was. There was a softness to her in my memories, a spark of fondness for life, guttering and fading though it was. Now I think she just exists because she's too angry to die. Funny, I wonder sometimes if it isn't the same for me. I think we'll get along, in the way a tool gets along with its user.

It seems fitting that after all these years she's the one wielding humans like weapons.

I can't tell whether she really remembers me or not. I think I'm beneath her notice. I didn't really expect any less, though in a weird way, I sort of miss her. Not that I have any right to that feeling; all I ever did was use her, just like everyone else. I'm just lucky I'm not on her list.

No comments: